Check-in: contact your CARRIER for chek-in details
Security Measures for passengers
The Airport is Concerned with Your Security
Each passenger is allowed to take only one piece of hand luggage. The maximum weight allowed for each hand luggage may vary according to the airline’s luggage policy. As specifically provided for by the ENAC, the sum of the different dimensions of the piece of luggage must not exceed 115 cm.
In addition to the hand luggage, each passenger can carry one of the following or similar items which can vary according to the airline’s luggage policy:
- umbrella or walking stick
- overcoat or blanket
- crutches or folding wheelchair
- carrycot and baby food
- books or magazines to read during the journey
- items purchased in the air terminal
- liquids in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres each. you must pack these containers in one trasparent, re-sealable plastic bag of no more than one litre capacity per passenger (es. plastic bag dimension 18 X 20 cm.)
We also inform you that it is no longer possible to take on board items that were formerly tolerated (for further information, please click on the Airlines‘ web sites or visit ENAC web site).
The following is a list of the items that are not allowed in the hand luggage:
- firearms, both as toys and as imitations
- tools (screwdrivers, pliers, etc.)
- scissors (any size)
- kitchen knives
- knives with blades of any length
- hypodermic syringes, except in case of proven medical necessity
- metal nail-files
- multipurpose pocket knives
- knitting needles
- baseball bats and golf clubs
- billiard cues
Hand luggage: new European Union Security rules at Airports
To protect you against the new threat of liquid explosives, the European Union (EU) has adopted new security rules that restrict the amount of liquids that you can take through security checkpoints. They apply to all passengers departing from airports in the EU whatever their destination.
This means that, at security checkpoints, you and your hand luggage must be checked for liquids in addition to other prohibited articles. However, the new rules do not limit the liquids that you can buy at shops located beyond the point where you show your boarding pass or on board an aircraft operated by an EU airline.
The new rules apply from Monday, 6 November 2006 at all airports in the EU and in Norway, Iceland and Switzerland until further notice.
You are only allowed to take small quantities of liquids in your hand luggage. These liquids must be in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres each. You must pack these containers in one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of not more than one litre capacity per passenger (see photo below).
- water and other drinks, soups, syrups
- creams, lotions and oils
- gels, including hair and shower gels
- contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam other foams and deodorants
- pastes, including toothpaste
- liquid-solid mixtures
- any other item of similar consistency
At the airport
To help screeners detect liquids, you must:
- present all liquids carried to the screeners at security checkpoints for examination;
- take off your jacket and/or coat. They will be screened separately whilst you are screened;
- remove laptop computers and other large electrical devices from your hand luggage.
They will be screened separately whilst you are screened.
If you have any doubts, please ask your airline or travel agent in advance of travel.
Please cooperate with airport security and airline staff.
For further information www.enac-italia.it
This information has been developed by European Commission, the Association of European Airlines and Airports Council International Europe. Disclaimer: This document summarises for your information the main elements of the relevant EU legislation; it is not the actual legal text.
Via Aeroporto 208 – 57034
Marina di Campo, Livorno – Italia
LIRJ operating hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 08:00 – 17:00 LT
Wednesday 10:30 – 15:30 LT
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 – 16:30 LT
Any use, in whole or in part, of images and content on this site is prohibited.